> >Windoze 98
> >cygwin-1.3.1-1
> >gcc-2.95.3-4
> >mingw-20010424-1

Can some one send me the makefiles, so we can build the "official" binaries for Windows using also gcc?

Yes, it compiles and runs just fine using Windows 98,
bin-msvcrt-2000-03-27.zip (libraries and include files update) and
gcc-2.95.2-msvcrt.exe. I got them directly from the mingw site
(http://www.mingw.org/) some time ago but couldn't see them there today. I
can send the files to those who want to try them, the file sizes are 773Kb
and 6,82Mb (!).

   Why you need the msvcrt library ? Can you just use only cygwin?

Thanks,
scuri