> So it's getting worse :-(  I once had a version of gcc that warned
> about the use of every in their opinion unkosher function.  gets()
> was one of them.  But refusing to link is becoming childish.

I have to agree with this. C makes pretty much everything the programmer's
responsibility, and that should include doing really dumb things like using
gets(). Of course, sometimes you may have no choice (e.g. when compiling
programs whose source you don't control).

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | maximiste, n.  pessimiste (Roux)