> Even with, I_M_HO these kind of non-local return paths are much too error
> prone to be used as a generic programming tool.

Is there some reason why they're worse in Lua than in, say, Java or
Modula-3? There they are very handy for separating error-handling code from
normal-case code, and I've not heard anyone suggest before that they're
error-prone; on the contrary, they encourage all errors to be handled,
unlike in other languages, for example C, where programmers often balk at
checking *every* return code, because it makes the resulting code so lengthy
and ugly.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | competent, a.  underpromoted