> > I don't really agree. You just have to use some self-discipline.
>
> And when you maintain the code of someone who doesn't have that
> self-discipline....

    I said earlier that I didn't see the additional opportunity for bugs
by using the "while (var = function()) {}" style.  Actually, I do see it,
I just don't think it's a big deal.  If you are maintaining code that
contains such errors I'd expect it to contain lots of other errors too,
unless the original programmer had the habit of only making mistakes
while attempting to use this particular style.