This is mainly for the Emacsers using Lua.

I converted the "Reference Manual of the Programming Language Lua 4.0"
(the file manual.html in the distribution) to TeXinfo format, and I've
placed the resulting texinfo file in

    http://angg.twu.net/lua-4.0/doc/lua.texi

and in my Debian package of Lua 4.0; see

    http://angg.twu.net/e/lua.e.html

for more info on the package, including how (and why) to recompile it
on non-Debian systems.

My main motivation for texinfoing the manual was that I needed a
convenient way to place hyperlinks to the docs of functions inside my
programs. I first converted manual.html to a text file with

    lynx -dump manual.txt > ~/tmp/lua-manual.txt

and for a while I tried to use elisp links like:

    -- (find-fline "~/tmp/lua-manual.txt" "gsub (s, pat, repl [, n])")

that when executed with C-x C-e will run (find-file
"~/tmp/lua-manual.txt") and then (goto-char 0) and (search-forward
"gsub (s, pat, repl [, n])")... Now these also work, and are much
nicer:

    -- (Info-goto-node "(lua)gsub")
    -- (find-luanode "gsub")

Converting the current texinfo file to a dvi gives something very
ugly, though.

  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/