On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 05:03:54AM +0100, Edgar Toernig wrote:

> And in what flavor do you want your numbers written?  Bytes?  Words?  Long
> words?  Floats?  Doubles?  In what endian (little/big) or format (ieee floats,
> BCD, ...).  It's really not that easy.  Standard Lua only supports simple
> bytes via strchar() or format("%c").

I would have the numbers written as to whatever the Lua Number type is in the host program, the endianess to whatever my system is. I was thinking that Lua could atleast do that.

As for customizing the output, the endianess for example, I would expect that the programmer would have to do that in C.

A binary file IO library is starting to sound like  a good idea...

Thanks for the help.

-Lenny.