On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 11:03:52AM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> >I would guess that write would write the value as a string if I passed a string, the number value in binary if I passed a number.
>
> No, the 'b' specification only affects newline conversion.
> --lhf

The manual says:
The mode string may also have a b at the end, which is needed in some systems to open the file in binary mode. This string is exactlty what is used in the standard C function fopen.

In any case, how do I open a file in binary and write binary data to it? (I don''t want my numbers converted to strings, as that's what seems to be happening)

-Lenny.