>Another question (ok, I know 10 minutes with the source code and I could
>figure this out myself): are all sequences of bytecodes safe?  At least
>in terms of keeping the interpreter running?  No HCF or FOOF [1] instructions?

The VM should be completely safe, in the sense that no sequence of bytecodes
should dump core or something like that. Of course, there can be no guarantee
that the VM will not be locked into an infinite loop or such. Back in 3.2,
luac had a -t option that tested the integrity of bytecodes, but I didn't
find the time to make it work in 4.0 (my fault not 4.0...). Il try to have it
running for 4.1.
--lhf