On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 02:36:18PM -0200, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> My plea for user-contributed Lua Technical Notes worked!
> Gavin Wraith has sent us an LTN about interfacing Lua with an OS.
> See http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/lua/notes/ltn003.html
>
> Thanks Gavin. I hope this motivates other people to share their experiences.

It's an interesting article (myself being a RISC OS person) to read.  It's
worth noting though, that I've happily had programs in Lua be pre-emptivly
multitasked with no trouble at all.  Also, my own efforts in allowing
programs written in Lua to call SWIs (RiscLua doesn't come in library form,
so it can't be included in other programs easily) actually create a SWI
instruction to call, rather than using OS_CallASWI.  Although OS_CallASWI is
more 'correct', it doesn't tend to be available in earlier versions of RISC
OS (anything before 3.7, IIRC).

It's nice to see these notes; I'll have to see if I can knock a couple up :)

--
Rob Kendrick - http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Keep emotionally active.  Cater to your favorite neurosis.