>> LHF: There are currently 292 people in lua-l plus 114 at eGroups (or
shold I say
Yahoo now?). That's more than 400 people. (And yet this does not really
reflect
on our list of known uses of Lua! Please, everyone, add your project!)
Last time we discussed about this, the general feeling was that it's a lot
of
work to create a newsgroup in comp.* plus many people prefered a mailing
list
instead of a newsgroup.

I think newsgroups are not quite as intimidating as mailing lists and you'll
probably get more traffic generated. You would probably get a broader range
of users creating input asking more varied questions? This would be be good
all round?

>- Or maybe I
>just need to get a decent mail browser that can sort my mail
>> Don't Netscape Mail readeer or Eudora sort mail into threads?

Will have a look, thanks - I use Outlook Express which is good at newsgroups
and most things but cant sort mail headers in threads :-(

Can these sort threads properly, like newsgroups? If you get a hierarchy of
messages how would these be sorted from the headers as the body is at
liberty to change? You could group headers but you wouldn't have proper
threads - which helps develop a discussion fully.

>I think its worth saying that Lua probably wouldnt be the language that it
is
>if the developers hadnt been so focussed and a bit stubborn.
>> I'm glad I didn't have to say that myself :-)

Well it'd just have gone the way of Perl otherwise  :-s