>I'm changing the parser and doing things similar to these.
>I have a question to the Lua experts: do changes like these break the
>grammar ?

It's hard to say whether they break anything given that Lua's parser is a
hand-written recursive descent parser.
If you know what you're doing, you must check "follow" sets.

Also, please keep in mind that you have created a *different* language,
which cannot be called Lua, as explained in the FAQ.
(For a language to be called Lua it must have the same syntax and semantics
as "ours". Different libraries are ok.)
--lhf