> Strings in Lua are 8-bit. Has anyone tried using Unicode with Lua? What were
> your results, and do you have source code (if necessary) available if they
> were successful?

This reminds me that I meant to ask about Unicode too, and to suggest that
having a user-settable character type (much in the same way that the
number type can be redefined) should be a goal for Lua in the near future
(I don't think that the use of char is parametrised yet in the source
code, nor the functions which are used to act on strings).

A related topic that should also be addressed is that of
internationalisation: this should be quite straightforward, because the
number and range of messages output by the Lua system is relatively small.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | maxim, n.  wisdom for fools