I've managed to get liblua to compile as an EPOC DLL now. The only bit of
writable static data was key1 and key2 in ldblib.c, and these don't need to
be writable, as they're never written.

So if anyone is interested in using Lua under EPOC, it can now be used as a
pair of native DLLs, just like on Windows or Linux. I will shortly use them
for my EPOC Lua distribution, but if anyone would like them in the mean-time
(plus a version of the Lua front-end, lua.exe, to go with them), just ask.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | egrep, n.  a bird that debugs bison