On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

> Follows my code for this task (I had it already). CSV is not an easy task
> for Lua, mostly because of the '""' rule (a "" inside quotes is a single
> quote, but outside quotes this is simply the empty string). It would be
> much simpler if it used a conventional escape mechanism (such as '\"').

<plug>
I don't think it would help in this case, but for many pattern-matching
activities, POSIX regexs are much better than what Lua provides (mainly
because of alternation). My rexlib provides access to these (see
http://sc3d.org/rrt under "Lua").
</plug>

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | plagiarism, n.  the mind burgles