On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 04:25:12PM +0100, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Bret Mogilefsky wrote:
> >PS: The code really is great... The only change that makes me sad is seeing
> >the debug-only "LINE" opcode eliminated.  Though I think it's great that
> >this was done (and done so cleverly!), it makes me despair of ever being
> >able to do anything with the compiled Lua code from Grim... Oh well, such
> >is progress.  Thanks again for providing such great code, guys!
>
> Isn't the debugging information implicit now? I certainly get line numbers
> when I have errors in my compiled code.

Is it entirely implicit?  I had assumed after my brief look that line info
was hiding in some of the opcode bits, and wasn't optional... If such is
not the case, then I suppose I can just add in a dummy op that ignores LINE
in old compiled code.

Thanks for pointing that out!

OK, enough Lua for one morning, I have to get to work!

Bret
--
Bret Mogilefsky  ** mogul@playstation.sony.com **  Programmer, SCEA R&D