lemkef@execpc.com wrote:
> Mostly on the C++ side.  Basically I'd like to beable to pause
> execution of the script, and then resume it later when some specific
> state has been reached.  It's going to be used in combination with a
> 3d engine, and the script will need to wait for animations to finish
> and such.  Bret Mogilefsky mentioned how it was done with Grim
> Fandango and it sounds like the same problem / solution.  a link to
> the post:
> http://www.egroups.com/message/lua-l/905

yes... I know ... look at message nr 900 :)

> There were some other discussions, on the same topic, but they were a
> year ago.  I was hoping there was a package available premodified :)

well.. that (might) be usefull, but I think that depends on wether the
modifications are "maintainable" (as far as I can "see", the current
Monkey Island 4 demo still uses Lua 3.1 alpha, so they might have
"trouble" upgrading to a newer lua because of the deep modifications
they made).

> I think I can get away with manipulating the lua-state through C++
> code, and wouldn't need to modify any of that?

I don't know (yet).

---
Jeroen Janssen