On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

> Moreover, now Lua compiles without changes as C++ code.

Hallo,
	That's right, but Lua's residing in my /usr/local/lib directory. I
don't want to keep two versions, one for my C projects and another for my
C++ projects.
	Those are by far the most used languages for large-scale
programming, should we be so purists to avoid the inclusion of a #ifdef
statement which would simplify the life of many programmers? I'm currently
using the extern "C" { #include "lua.h" } in my C++ programs, but that's
so uncommon nowadays.

  --Alex	asandro@lcg.dc.ufc.br		Lab. de Computação Gráfica/UFC
|"Minha força vem da solidão. Não tenho medo das chuvas tempestuosas nem das |
| grandes ventanias soltas, pois eu também sou o escuro da noite."	     |
|	- Clarice Lispector						     |