Reuben Thomas wrote:

> This is another area of Lua that could be simplified: passing a bracketed
> list is really the same as passing a table of arguments; if function
> definition could give a table with just field names, the situation would
> be the same, expressively, as at present, but syntactically simpler.

Is it that difficult to remember that there are 3 ways to call a function
('foo(..)', 'foo "string"', and 'foo {table}')?  Ok, always passing a table
would be nice, simple, and _slow_.  But even if you come up with a way to
make it reasonable fast I would still like to have this special syntax.
It's the reason the constructors in Lua are so powerful and clean.

Ciao, ET.