On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 11:12:07AM +0100, John Batty wrote:
> I have seen quite a few performance comparisions of Lua vs other scripting
> languages, but has anyone done corresponding C/C++ benchmarks?

I did C# benchmarks of the ScriptPerf benchmarks you can find at:

http://www.chat.net/~jeske/Projects/ScriptPerf/

I used C# because it's garbage collection and easy access to complex
data-types made it easy to port ScriptPerf. It performs as you would
expect, the simple code tests such as looping, function calls,
returns, etc. are all incredibly fast (much faster than any of the
script languages), while hashtable dominated tests perform about the
same. I espect straight C/C++ would perform about the same.

I will put the results on my ScriptPerf page today or tommorow (they
are on my windows machine at home, which I can't get to remotely).

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net