John Passaniti wrote:

> Bret Mogilefsky wrote:
>
> > I'll throw Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island
> > onto the pile along with MDK2 and Baldur's Gate.  It
> > might behoove us to get a more detailed list of commercial
> > games utilizing Lua (come on, I know you're lurking out
> > there!) simply to prove the point.
>
> I'm not a game developer, but if I was I would like more information than
> just the names of games Lua is used in.  I'd like a description of *how*
> Lua is used, where it was found to suitable, and where it didn't work out.
> I'd also like to know how various people have extended Lua, and how much of
> the actual game is coded i.  There are clues about some of this on the Lua
> web site's "uses" page, but those are generally brief descriptions, and
> don't get into the juicy details.

Good idea.  I know Baldur's Gate used Lua for the AI scripting (partially.  I
think they had another language for describing AI actions... its hard to
explain).

Lua was also used in the console for BG (i.e. the cheat codes my friend had
were Lua commands).

I assume it was used for event scripting and whatnot, too.  Perhaps we could
contact Black Isle on this?

Sean Etc.