Section 4.8 of the manual says that the tag method events are hard coded
into the interpreter.  Does this apply to the setglobal/getglobal events
even though they are defined in the basic library?

I'm trying to find a way to have global access routed to the normal access
of the global table (not raw).  I'm willing to let global access be as slow
as table access in trade for easier and more powerful extension ability (due
to orthogonal global and table member access).  Is it possible?

Regards,
-John