Hi!

I'm just implementing some logic around local variables in jlua, and
discovered
that local variables can be declared in the global namescape in lua. Is this
by design or by coincidence?

The manual says that you can declare local variables anywhere in a block,
and I
cannot see that a chunk is defined as a form of block (in the manual)...

(Just wondering if this is something I should consider a stable part of
Lua...)

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland      (magnus at hetland dot org)

 "Reality is what refuses to disappear when you stop
  believing in it"                 -- Philip K. Dick