>The following is from the Python newsgroup. Interesting how using features
>of the language to optimise a routine can be so effective.

I saw that too. (BTW, there's a custom search for references to Lua in
newsgroups in our links page.)

Also, 4.0a contains two versions of the Fibonacci function: the exponential
one and the one using a cache. It actually contains a function that creates
a cached version of any function.

Anyway, it's nice (but not unexpected) to see Lua ahead in these benchmarks.
Lua 4.0 will be even faster...
--lhf