----- Original Message -----
From: <Martin_Doering@mn.man.de>
To: Multiple recipients of list <lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: Java implementation

> > I'm working on an interpreter for Lua implemented in Java, and ...
>
> Will Lua source be compiled to JAVA bytecode, or will the Java VM work as
> a Lua bytecode interpreter (VM)? This could be quite slow.

Even worse -- for the first release I'm just making an AST interpreter...
Maybe
a JVM-compiler will appear somewhere along the line, but speed is not my
main
priority... I just like the Lua syntax, and want to use it in some Java
projects.

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland      (magnus at hetland dot org)

 "Reality is what refuses to disappear when you stop
  believing in it"                 -- Philip K. Dick