Eric Hougaard wrote:

> Another thing is to have sercure areas - I have a special
> state that only has a few function registered that I'm
> using to process user input (So that they can type an
> expression in a field - but not call tons'o functions that
> would compromise security).

My application for Lua is to write a command line interpreter for a network
switch product.  I didn't think of using multiple states to prevent the
user from accessing functions they shouldn't, but on the face of it, it
sounds like a good idea.  Can you provide some additional details about
this?  Presumably, the state that is dealing with user input somehow
communicates with another state that does the actual work.  Can you provide
more detail about this communication?