You wrote:
> One trick to avoiding this problem is create as few new tables as possible
> in your program - since it's the tables that are garbage collected.

But very offen in embedded enviroment memory is very limited so that is not
an option. The best way to do it, is to be able to control it .. I was playing
around with it.. Basicly remove all gc( ) calls and the in the program call
garbage_collect() when the system is in a no time critical state - but I did'nt
get it work (that night) so I just stopped the robot when the GC took place :-)

/Erik