----- Original Message -----
> There was some talk a while back about supplying a block of memory in
which
> the lua VM allocates all its internal variables. This would be a great
boon

Well from the aspect that Lua uses a single malloc/realloc/free in lmem.c -
it should be quite forward to replace it with another memory manager (I have
replaced mine with the Win32 based). But from my experiments with Lua on a
platform without a MMU (Motorola Coldfire Processors)  you will take a
performance hit unless your memory manager is quite good :-)

/Erik