 >> Thus this DLL does not work in Visual Basic and Delphi, because they
use the
 >> stdcall convention. I do not know if the stdcall convention does not
allow
 >> varags.

  Right.  Actually Delphi _can_ use a DLL built with the cdecl convention,
if you specify it as such in the import unit, but Visual Basic definately
cannot.  And there are probably additional non-C languages that would have
similar trouble.  The stdcall convention is sort of the "default" (probably
a better choice of words than "correct") for generic DLL's.  Unfortunately,
stdcall's cannot use varargs because they pass arguments from right to
left.

  Cheers,

  Dave