Hi,

I think it is probably a bug in Lua 4 alpha.
Following code from one of Lua docuemnt does work in Lua 3.2.
But in Lua4, I got error on 2nd button() call.

    function button() return {} end -- dummy func
    function hbox() return {} end -- dummy func

    d=hbox{
        button{ label="ok"},
        button{ label="cancel"}   --> error: attempt to call a table value.
    }

Single call of function button() in one table is ok.
Next code also does work in Lua4. (in Linux, IRIX)

    d=hbox{
        [1]=button{ label="ok"},
        [2]=button{ label="cancel"}
    }

I am really looking foward to a release version.
Thank you,
---ueno