I realise that I am using an old compiler with faults in its understanding
of operator precedence, but to compile version 4 alpha with Borland C++
5.02 I had to modify line 54 of luaopcodes.h from

#define CREATE_U(o,u)    ((Instruction)(o) | (Instruction)(u)<<POS_U)

#define CREATE_U(o,u)    ((Instruction)(o) | ((Instruction)(u)<<POS_U))

as otherwise it complains about ambiguous operators needing parentheses. I
think I have got the precedence right in my modification!

If the mod is correct then it will never cause other compilers problems -
it just makes the operator precedence explicit.

And are you intending to do something about TObject, which clashes with
Borland's usage? Using C++ I get out of this one by using namespaces.

Thanks, Mike Goodey