 > Lua is already 8-bit clean.
 > Perhaps you mean 16-bit characters?

No, I meant that I did not change Lua internally, I just converted to/from
Unicode for the console I/O.

 > Also, perhaps you could summarize the changes you made to port to Windows CE,
 > perahps in a Lua Technical Note?

The version of Windows CE I used (2.0) does not support much of the
standard C library so the changes I made were to work round this
problem.  More recent versions of Windows CE (2.12+) have better C
library support so this would (probably) not be necessary.

Julian