this should be simple with lstring. I don't believe it's lua
really that presents the problem, it's the stuff on the outside
that gets and sets string values.

this is assuming the lua strlib also works with binary
strings?  can anyone confirm this?

if so, lua is already unicode compliant I believe.

With CE, even if it wasn't, I think the only porting
you would have to do would be:

#ifdef strlen
#undef strlen
#define strlen wstrlen
#endif
..

for all string.h calls used in the Lua src.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong or missing
something?

Regards,
Jim