Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> Lua API errors are hard to find without a debugger.

It is nice indeed to have information on the higher levels
of calls from C.
I'd like to take this occasion to point out that, in my own
experience, some of the most troublesome errors are typos in
identifiers. Since Lua is interpreted, compiling a program
does not ensure all routines it will call are defined. This
is a Good Thing, as it allows a C program to register some
routines to be called by Lua afterwards.
Nonetheless, it would be nice to have some sort of bugtracking
program which would try to detect those typos. For the moment,
I'm using a plain and simple identifier filter, which scans
a Lua for them, and then pipes with sort and uniq. This is
error prone though. I don't see a way this could be done
automatically though...
Just a thought

--
Vincent Penquerc'h