Hello,

I am a novice in LUA and I am trying to understand how the memory management works.
I don't know if I understand very well, but it seems that LUA free memory just at the end of the program. Is it possible to free dynamicly (during the execution of the virtual machine of LUA) some part of memory no more use or is the only to do some blocks ? For exemple when an lua function is called from the LUA virtual machine, at the end of this one is it possible to free memory allocated for this function and where can we do it ?
My aim is to reduce LUA size (ROM and RAM) for embedded LUA.
Thanks,

Olivier THIRION DE BRIEL