[Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>]
> >From lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br  Fri Dec 17 10:27:56 1999
> >From: Dave Gordon <dgordon@algorithmic.com>
> >
> >Hi, can someone tell me please where to find a copy of the multi-
> >state version of Lua 3.2?  The link http://www.hougaard.com/lua
> >from the Lua addons page is broken.
>
> I'd like to take this opportunity and say here officially that the next version
> will be multi-state in that all API functions will take an explicit state
> as their first argument.

Awesome.  The multistate stuff is very handy -- it'll be nice to see it
in the official distribution.

Has anyone pondered allowing multiple states to share objects?

It would be handy to be able to have multiple lua threads running at
once but to have them share objects.  Of course this opens a whole
can of worms regarding locking and so forth.

Brian