Sergio Villone wrote:
> Thanks God! Please do not gnuize this little gem! (If my Portuguese is
> still running, "Não lhe deixe o chuto!")

Well... don't know what you mean by 'gnuize'... do you mean releasing lua under the (L)GPL, or using gnu tools to build
lua? ... I am only interested in building lua more consistent with gnu tools, I don't care wether it's GPL'ed or not
(actually yes... I do mind.. I DON'T WANT IT TO BE GPL'ED, if you have to.. use the LGPL (that way commercial usage of
lua isn't limited in the way the GPL does -- but's a bit oftopic))...

So I want to make this clear... I am only interested in having a 'common' way of installing lua (perhaps by providing
installation packages), the problem I'm seeing at the moment is that you can not 'install' the lua libraries & include
files from the distribution and this means that developers depending on lua don't have a consistent build environment. I
would like to be able to install lua and have 'a lot' of different projects (games, webstuff, etc) be able to use that
installed lua.
--
        Best regards,

                Jeroen Janssen

+++
Most people in Lancre, as the saying goes, went to bed with the chickens
and got up with the cows. [footnote: Er. That is to say, they went to bed
at the same time as the chickens went to bed, and got up at the same time
as the cows got up. Loosely worded sayings can really cause
misunderstandings.]
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Maskerade)
+++