I do not know if my earlier message got posted - so here it is again.

I actually wanted to say that the cause 'isnt' rather obvious.

The reason is that initially ls->fs->f->consts is NULL.
The call checkname(ls) in turn calls next_constant()
which grows the array. On HPUX machines it is dumping core
as it is trying to access a NULL array. (Zero Page Read
reported by purify). On SGI it seems to run fine.

--
Supratik