>Dave Bollinger wrote:
> Lua, there is no difference between an index which doesn't "exist" (in the
> classical sense of being declared) and one which "exists" (has been
> referenced) and contains the value Nil - they both act the same.  The docs

   BTW, Global variables that are set to nil have the same behavior --
   setting  a global to nil removes that variable binding completely. Much
   of Lua didn't make sense to me until I discovered this. In fact, it
   still seems strange that a reference to a variable with a value of nil
   and a reference to a variable that does not exist are equivalent.

   BTW, on a slightly different subject -- has anyone ever written a
   tutorial for writing simple Lua libraries?

_Ken