> Have anyone made a XML <-> Lua exporter/importer ? -- I just realized
> that XML would, from a marketing perspective at least, be a great format
> to export/import objects to/from Lua !

Well, there is something I programmed which might help, the Kino XML
processor. It has wrappers for Tcl and Lua via SWIG. A Xt and an
experimental Gtk widget for displaying XML with CSS are also available.
Take a look at it at:

http://nestroy.wi-inf.uni-essen.de/Koeppen/Kino/

It is under constant development but tries to stick to the DOM, so I hope
that the interface changes remain small.

Eckhart

PS: the SWIG module for Lua is available upon request, I haven't put too
much effort in it and it is somehow kludgy, but works nevertheless.