At 10:11 5/26/99 -0300, you wrote:
>On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 07:56:19AM -0300, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
>> ah, but that doesn't matter... I am interested in scripting languages &
>> (game) coding as a hobby.
>
>I also have a game engine based on Lua. It's a 2d sprite based engine
>which runs under Windows directdraw and linux/X. It does not "play"
>yet, and my recent switch into "internet startup" life has left me
>with much less time to work on it than I had hoped.

doesn't that sound familiar :)
are you planning to work on it anyfurther?

>There are definetly some things in it I like alot. The windows
>executable and lua code for a somewhat older version are available on
>my webpage. If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to send them the C++
>source for the other half, and I'd be delighted to have someone else
>work on it. I've done most of the coding so far, with a close friend
>doing the X port.

I had a look at a snapshot a time ago and I liked the gfx console part of
your engine (haven't got the time yet to figure exactly how I could that
myself). I'd be interested in any (example) source code you have available
on using lua in your game engine. (both lua as 'normal' c/c++ code).

>http://www.chat.net/~jeske/Projects/HZ/

what are your main ideas about using Lua in your game engine? AI? what do
you currently have implemented with lua?

Jeroen Janssen