> Have we got a (very rough, non-binding) time frame for v3.2?

Less than a month for an alpha (or beta) version. Among other things:

* lua_linehook, lua_callhook and lua_debug inside lua_state (that will be
  the only incompatibility with 3.1)
* no more limit of 64K "things" in a single function (new limit is 2^24)
* new library for debug (that is, you will access the debug API from Lua)
* assignment as expressions, so you can write

  local i = 0
  while (i=i+1)<=N do ... end

or

  while (line=read()) do ... end

(we hope this will solve the "for" quest)

* some new functions (e.g. sort)

-- Roberto