Back in the mists of time, Roberto wrote:

> We are working on that. All error output will be done through a single
> function _ALERT; its build-in definition writes to stderr.

I request that this function take (at least) three
parameters: the file name, line number, and error message.
Possibly syntax errors should have the last token read as a
fourth parameter. That will allow the format of error
messages to be changed to suit the user (e.g., I prefer
"file:line: message" to the more verbose format used
currently).

It might be nice to have a table containing a stack trace as
a further argument to this function.

Regards,

Alan
--