On Saturday, December 05, 1998, at 02:29:39 PM,  Siome Klein Goldenstein wrote:
> I'm planning to write a binding of renderman to lua,
> has anyone alrady done it?

 This is a little off topic...

 Why would you want to do that when RIB exists for scene specification and
the shading language exists for writing shaders?  It just seems like extra
work when these other "script" formats are innate to Renderman.

 Maybe it's not so off topic.  I often feel like many have spent the time
to wrap APIs with scripting languages when it's not really needed (I'm
not saying that's what you're doing here, Siome, that's why I asked why
you want to do it).

 - Chris