> I have volunteered in the past in this very forum to work with the
> implementors on making Lua Win32-friendly, but have received no reply.

Sorry about that. I think we did not understand your offer. As we said
before, we would like to make Lua as WinCE-friendly as possible, but
not more than that :-) (that means, as long as it does not conflict with
other Lua goals, mainly simplicity and portability to other platforms).
As you said, we are already changing Lua to make the FILE uses more
easy to modify/avoid. About the Unicode stuff, we do not know what is
involved. We would apreciate to know what kind of changes we would
have to do in Lua to support wide characters, or at least to work in
an environment that uses that kind of string.

-- Roberto