>From jeske@home.chat.net Sun Jun 28 20:26:54 1998
>
>1) Function Syntax
>
>Was it intended that this syntax which was valid in Lua 2.5 no longer
>works in Lua 3.1?
>
>function foo.bar.foo(a,b,c)
>end
>
>function foo.bar:foo(a,b,c)
>end

not intended, but unavoidable.

>I've changed to use the new anonymous function syntax:
>
>foo.bar.foo = function (a,b,c)
>end
>
>but dosn't this mean that the function won't have a 'name' in the
>debugging information?

functions never had a name.
when printing a stack trace, what we do is to try to find the function among
the global variables. we never look inside tables.
so I can't see how you got the name of foo.bar.foo in 2.5.

>2) Lua2c - C2lua overflow
>
>I'm having trouble with lua2c - c2lua overflows. I tried increasing the
>STACK_SIZE in lua 3.1 but this had no effect. This code used to work in
>lua 2.5. Can someone explain to me what this overflow actually means and
>how I might figure out what is wrong?

overflow usually mean lack of lua_beginblock/lua_endblock.
--lhf