>From steve@inquisit.com Tue Jun 23 04:24:33 1998
>
>Speaking of errors, I wish there was a seperate error reporting mechanism
>and api for parse errors. Requiring the debugger to parse the parse error
>makes for a fragile interface.
>
>I'm not sure what you mean here. What API would you suggest for parsing?

Something that gives me the line number and other info in a structured form -
similiar to the info your can get about calls on the Lua stack.
Right now, I have to parse that info out of the error string - and I think the
error string format changed with 3.1 which then broke my error string
parsing mechanism.

Steve