Hey all,

Okay, I know this has come up as a discussion before, and the general
concensus was that integers were not necessary. However, I'm starting to
use Lua in a project where not having integers is going to make my life
difficult. I think lua is the right tool for the job, but it'll be much
nicer if Lua has integers.

I'm integrating Lua as an init/config/script/interactive edit language for
a board level hardware debugger. I've been running into problems with data
conversion going from U32 -> double -> write(format("%X",num));

I think it's mostly a problem with format() loosing precision. However, I
really need to be able to deal with bit math and also I need to be able to
enter hex constants and such into lua scripts.

I may end up using a userdata type for the time being. However, I would
much prefer not to have to do something like:

number = integer("0x44544a");

within all my Lua code.

Can we resurrect the integer discussion?

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net