You can always do it by just getting the "next" function and holding a reference
to it. Then call that function with your reference each time. However, it would
be nice if there was a straight lua_nextelement() type function for walking a
table more-directly. (i.e. what if "next()" is no longer a global variable :)

I looked quickly though the beta 3.1 "lua.h" and didn't see anything which
looked like it would do this.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net