I'd like to be able to compile lua code, turn the luac.out into
a C file, compile the C file into a .o, link the .o into my application,
and undump from the .o.  (This really simplifies configuration management.)
A second option, almost as good, would be to convert my Lua source
into C code, then compile it dynamically.  I could do this with lua_dostring,
except that many C compilers get unhappy with very long string literals.
Does anybody have suggestions?

Norman