I wish to cast my vote for 'break' and 'continue'!  I think they're a serious
omission.

With regard to the 'FOR' loop discussion, I haven't heard anyone clearly
outline  the user level or skill required to use the 'lua' language?  If that
skill is basically of a C/C++ programmer, then encrypted symbols and various
minimalist coding is fine.  On the other hand, an end-user who can barely
find his/her way around a word processor needs much more "syntax sugar".  I'm
not advocating anything here, except a clear idea of who the end-user of
'lua' is.  Given such a concept,  the syntax for a 'FOR' loop might very easy
to address.

David
DAS Works